Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Money may not always buy happiness


                 Money may not always buy happiness


Where I was and what I am now,
That’s a very typical story that teaches how.
How I earned those laurels and fame,
And how in between I lost the game.
The game which I started with my fellow mates,
Of aspiring to reach our success gates.
The gates beyond which wealth would reside,
And behind whom my friends would stand despised.


Leaving all my friends to their own fate,
I rushed towards my fortune gate.
Though I had already achieved a lot,
But at that time I was a greedy rogue.
Coins were my candies, money was my cupcake,
Rather than food, rupees and dollars were my intakes.
I was merely blind as I was unable to see the truth,
That lust of money lured me to waste my youth.


Though joy was still there,
But my passion for enjoyment decreased.
As friends were many around me,
But true friendship was ceased.
I had too much to share,
But I needed someone close indeed.
To reveal my sorrows and my pains,
Which were almost pathetic and discreet.


At that particular moment,
I learned an important fact.
That my decision at those gates,
Was cause of my regret,
I had betrayed my friends,
I had cheated on them.
For sake of that evil treasure,
I had committed a sin.



If now I could make up that lost time,
If now I could regress.
I would bet all my money,
And all of my progress.
This unfulfilled desire, would always prevail,
In a small closet of my heart without being unveiled.
Neither money can buy, nor wealth can be used,
To achieve that happiness again which was left and rebuked.

No comments:

Post a Comment